Lower Secondary 8 Courses
YOUR CHILD CAN START OUR PRIMARY COURSES AT ANY TIME OF THE YEAR
The lower school prepares and encourages students to aim for high academic achievement. Students join in the year 7 and progress to year 9. They sit for the checkpoint Examination in Mathematics, English Language and Science. Intellectual curiosity and good study habits are cultivated. Daily prep is closely monitored by year tutors and subject teachers. Students also learn about themselves and their relationship with others and about the areas in which they can make contributions later in life. Above all, students at Global international secondary school will learn how to take responsibility of themselves. Our Lower Secondary (Key Stage 3) courses will fully prepare your child to move on to the IGCSE.
- At the end of their courses in English, Maths and Science, they’ll be tested on what they’ve learned.
- The tests will be assessed by Global International Secondary school teachers who will provide a report on their performance.
Global Distance Learning has designed its Lower Secondary home-schooling courses (Years 7, 8 and 9 – typically ages 11-13) so that each “Year” takes 9 months, the equivalent of an academic year
OUR LOWER SECONDARY SUBJECTS INCLUDE:
- Student Note book.
- Access to our state-of-the-art Online Learning system.
- A wealth of online resources.
- One to one Tutor support via email or chat.
- Skype or zoom call with Tutors as scheduled on time table
- 3 – 5 working day turnaround of your child’s assignments.
- A designated Learning support and progress Manager for contact by you and your child throughout the course.
- Midterm and end of term reports
HOURS OF STUDY
Our Lower Secondary courses take approximately 100 hours of study per year (approx. 150 hours for English, Maths and Science) plus the time needed for preparation of each assignment for each of Years 7, 8 or 9.